Sunday, December 30, 2012

Armour of God - Eph 6:11

In the KJV it is written: 

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

I looked up the meaning of "wiles", as a lot of the old English in the KJV confuses me. I assumed it meant deception. But, the definition I got of this word is much more in-depth:

wile |wīl|noun ( wiles)devious or cunning stratagems employed in manipulating or persuading someone to do what one wants.
What a powerful definition. The devil most certainly has many strategems he uses to manipulate us! 
Hold fast to the Word of God, and His word only. Take care to research the books you are reading, the sermons you listen to, the articles you read... are they in full compliance with the Word of God? 
Read further in Ephesians for more information about the armour of God: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+6%3A10-18&version=KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, let me know what you think!